We are delighted to announce that Underley Garden Children’s Home has been judged as outstanding in its recent Ofsted Inspection.
Below is a summary of the findings:
- Children and young people make exceptional progress from their starting points. They are extremely well supported to develop their confidence, emotional resilience and self-esteem.
- The staff team members regularly go above and beyond their roles. As a result, children and young people build exceptional relationships with individual staff members.
- The manager and staff team have high aspirations for children and young people and work strenuously to ensure that they make substantial progress from their individual starting points. Parents and professionals confirm this and are consistently positive about the home. One parent said: ‘This is an outstanding provision for children and young people. The progress my son has made is astonishing.’
- Behaviour management is effective. Staff are consistent in their response to negative behaviour and have been successful in their efforts to help children and young people to manage their frustrations and anxieties, which are often brought about by their complex needs.
- The staff team is managed by a passionate, dedicated and child-focused leader who is committed to securing continuous improvement and to providing a high-quality service to all children and young people who live at the home.
- The staff team members said that they are very well supported in their roles by the manager, and they have regular supervision and team meetings. They participate in regular training. This ensures that they are well equipped to meet the individual needs of the children and young people placed in the home.
- The shortfalls relate to records and do not detract from the high-quality care offered at this home. Shortfalls have not impacted negatively on the well-being and safety of children or young people.
To read the full report please click on the link below: