Registered Nurse Learning Disability
Registered Nurse Learning Disability
(Equivalent to Band 5 or 6 depending on experience)
Salary: £24,214 – £30,112 (Band 5 equivalent, dependent on experience)
£30,401 (Band 6 equivalent, starting salary)
Location: Underley Garden, Kirkby Lonsdale
Hours: 1 x full time (40 hours)
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Registered Nurse Learning Disability to join our team at Underley Garden in Kirkby Lonsdale.
About the School:
The young people who attend Underley Garden all have an EHCP/statement of special educational needs. Underley meets the needs of a range of SEN including; Autism, Learning Difficulties, Mental Health & Medical needs and related behavioural difficulties.
About the Group:
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Acorn Care and Education is part of the Outcomes First Group.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Registered Nurse Learning Disability who will achieve the highest possible standards of care in a professional manner, by providing direct nursing care to children and young people with complex and challenging needs.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for full details regarding this position.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for people with the belief that they can make positive changes.
You will be a responsible, friendly, and an organised person who has a passion for caring and providing an excellent nursing service to the children and young people in our care.
- Effective supervision of staff, working within a multidisciplinary team to deliver needs based care
- Administration of medication and PRN medication
- Ordering of medication and maintaining adequate supply
- Providing clinical treatment and follow up if necessary
- Dealing with both internal and external professionals and parents / carers
- Organise and arrange appointments
- Good communication skills
- Compassionate – good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with children and young people, other staff remaining sensitive and empathetic
- Intuitive and caring nature
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the children and young people
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals whilst on shift
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Gym membership
- School campsite
- Employee Rewards Hub
Applications are invited online through our Underley Garden website: www.underleygarden.co.uk
If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Marie Lawson, Office Manager on 015242 71569.
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.