Registered Nurse – Learning Disability
Registered Learning Disability Nurse
£24,907 – £33,176 pro rata (Band 5 / Band 6 up to £33, 176)
Part time, permanent 24 hours per week
Are you a Learning Disability Nurse, Mental Health Nurse or General Nurse now looking to specialise?
If you have a passion for care and would be interested in joining a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Nurse to join our team at Underley Garden in Kirkby Lonsdale.
Underley Gardens is part of Options Autism and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide education and care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as 'Outstanding' or 'Good'. We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Underley Gardens is located near the market town of Kirkby Lonsdale on the edge of the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales and is an Independent Special School and Children’s Home with additional provisions for Adults residential care. Specialists in Education, Care and Therapy for young people and adults with autistic spectrum conditions, learning disabilities, complex behaviour associated with autism and anxiety, mental health and complex medical needs. UGS is Ofsted rated Outstanding and CQC rated Good. The team at Underley Gardens are committed to providing the best possible outcomes to each individual within our care and are now seeking an experienced Nurse to join the Health and Therapy team.
Within commuting distance of: Kendal, Lancaster, Preston: South Lakes and North Lancashire
About the role
The successful applicant will be responsible for achieving the highest possible standards of care in a professional manner, by providing direct nursing care to children and young people with complex and challenging needs. The role will also involve the effective supervision of staff, working within a multidisciplinary team to deliver needs based care. For full details please refer to the Job Description / Person Specification.
We can consider for this role either; a Learning Disabilities Nurse, Mental Health Nurse or a General Nurse background looking to now specialise.
The role is fast paced and as such is suited to those who enjoy working within a busy environment where no two days are the same.
The following criteria is essential:
- Up to date/current registration with Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Diploma or Degree in either Learning Disability, Mental Health or General Nursing
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities, either as a nurse or in another capacity
- Experience of administration of medication and PRN medication
- Effective supervision of staff, working within a multidisciplinary team to deliver needs based care
- Experience of providing clinical treatment and follow up if necessary
- Dealing with both internal and external professionals and parents / carers
- Good communication skills
- Compassionate with good interpersonal skills
- Intuitive and caring nature
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the children and young people
- Experience of working with children would be advantageous
- Driving license and access to a car
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Access to regular clinical supervision
- The opportunity to work within a specialist patient group
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first class mental health support services
- Employee Reward Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym membership
- Free parking
Applications are invited online through our Underley Garden website: www.underleygarden.co.uk
If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Marie Lawson – Office Manager, or Jennifer Heath – Lead Organisational Practitioner for Therapy & Health on 015242 71569.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees to share with commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.