Job: Senior Residential Care worker
Location: Underley Garden School, Kirkby Lonsdale
Hours: Full Time
About the school
Underley Garden School is an Ofsted Outstanding special Educational and Residential children’s home. We care for a range of children and young adults with complex needs. This could include behavioural, learning and mental health challenges.
We want people who focus on the positive outcome of our children and adults and take responsibility for helping improve their lives. We share the value of creating a safe and nurturing home and we want people who can be fair and respectful, in order to do the right thing to support everyone in our care.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the role?
We now have an opportunity for a Senior Care Worker to join our team at Underley Garden based in Kirkby Lonsdale. As a Senior Care Worker you will help to provide a secure, happy and supportive environment within the schools residential houses, ensuring they offer an environment that is clean, tidy, warm and inviting. Applicants must be enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated with excellent communication skills and have experience of working in the residential care sector.
Working to ensure the physical, emotional and personal care needs of our children and young people are met, you will liaise with colleagues, Parents and other family members and Social Workers to deliver the best Care Plans. Our Care Workers work hard to ensure that the children and young people can carry as much responsibility for their own lives as is reasonable, helping them to live, grow and develop safely and positively.
If you are enthusiastic, reliable and flexible with a genuine interest in working with children and young people, this is a great opportunity to join a team that is committed to providing the highest levels of Care, Education and Support.
Who we are looking for?
Underley Garden wants a compassionate, enthusiastic, reliable and resilient individual who has a passion for caring for and ultimately, making a difference to young lives. We need someone who can be a role model, work well within a team, has great communication skills, can manage their workload and be prepared for the varying difficulties the role may present. As Senior Care Worker the main purpose of this role is to lead and manage the team in the everyday running of residential care to achieve the best outcomes and provide a safe and secure environment for all.
A driving licence would also be desirable due to the remote location of the site and limited public transport.
- To identify, develop and maintain effective and value adding external/partner/stakeholder relationships
- To maintain the highest levels of health, wellbeing and safeguarding of young people within care
- To lead the performance and outcomes of the homes
- To own and ensure delivery of fully compliant and accurate records and administration in line with regulatory requirements and standards
- To ensure that all Health and Safety, Safeguarding requirements are met
- Extensive experience in working with young people, preferably in a residential environment
- Experience of working with and managing challenging behaviour
- Extensive experience of working within Safeguarding and Medication environments
- Attained Level 3 CCYP
- Proven track record of dealing with conflict, managing learning difficulties
- Experience of managing relationships at multiple levels and with local authorities
- Proven track record of working and managing conflicting priorities and challenges
- Ability to work across and support the management of a 24/7 operation
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team
- Continuous professional development and training
- Staff meals
- Use of a Windermere campsite
- Team building
- Employee of the month
- Potential overtime
- Free Gym membership
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – The ability to speak to a councillor for support regarding your mental health.
- Employee Rewards Hub – An app which offers high-street discounts, hints and tips.
There is further earning potential with every additional sleep-in paid at £52.50 per night and any overtime paid at £10.75ph
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.