Job Title: Adult Care Bank Care Worker
Location: Underley Garden School, Kirkby Lonsdale
Hours: Various Nights/days
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for an Adult Night Bank Care Worker to join our team at Underley Garden School in Kirkby Lonsdale/ Grange over Sands. Someone who is looking for casual hours and is considerate and motivated to help support adults with complex needs would be perfect for this role.
About the school
Underley Garden School is an Ofsted Outstanding special Educational and Residential children’s and adults home. We care for a range of children and young adults with complex needs. This could include behavioural, learning and mental health challenges.
We want people who focus on the positive outcome of our children and adults and take responsibility for helping improve their lives. We share the value of creating a safe and nurturing home and we want people who can be fair and respectful, in order to do the right thing to support everyone in our care.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the role?
Do you want casual hours? To make a change to adults lives? Are you friendly, enthusiastic and caring? Yes? We want you!
Don’t worry about having any experience, we will train, support and promote you, to ensure you have an amazing career. Take our Assistant Head Craig, for example, who began his journey at Underley as a maintenance worker.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to start as an Adult Night Bank Care Worker within our family environment at Underley.
You will be responsible for safeguarding the adults and making sure they are healthy, safe and as comfortable as possible. Also, you will be required to ensure the physical, emotional and personal care needs of all the adults are met, by referring to agreed care plans. This will enable the adults retain as much responsibility for their own lives as possible and develop over time.
This role does come with some potential challenges such as long hours, behaviour management and ensuring the personal care of each adult is upheld.
Who we are looking for?
This challenging role needs a person who is compassionate, enthusiastic, reliable and resilient. The Bank Care Worker should work well within a team, be able to organise and plan a workload and be prepared to work with varying types of difficulties.
The ideal candidate will have a clear motivation as to why they are applying and why they would be suitable for the role. Also, whilst some experience and an NVQ 3 is desirable, we are fully prepared to support Care Workers in starting their careers with training.
A driving licence would also be desirable due to the remote location of the site and limited public transport.
· Safeguard all young people in the Adults residential home and support them with their individual needs.
· Support and develop the mental and physical health and wellbeing of individuals within the service
· Help improve the standard of living and confidence of every adult
· Integrate into the supportive team
· Provide support to the adults and assist with everyday activities such as cooking, playing games and going on outings.
· Liaise with parents and other support workers with the best interests of the adults in mind.
- You must be willing to partake in physical intervention training and utilize this training, if needs must.
- You must be able to get to the site for shifts with ease. A driving licence may be useful due to the remote location.
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team
- Continuous professional development and training
- Funded NVQ 3
- Internal Promotion
- Staff meals
- Use of a Windermere campsite
- Team building
- Employee of the month
- Potential overtime
- Free Gym membership
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – The ability to speak to a councillor for support regarding your mental health.
- Employee Rewards Hub – An app which offers high-street discounts, hints and tips
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.