Key Stage 4 aiming to complete the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award
This term 8 of the students at Underley Garden have been participating in archery as part of their skills section in the Duke of Edinburgh Award. This has been their first experience of this award and they are looking forward to the different activities they will be completing.
In their archery sessions they have been learning and demonstrating:
- How to hold the bow and place the arrow on
- How to aim for different targets
- The different safety rules when shooting and collecting
- How to aim over a bigger distance
- Some of the score systems used
- Why an arm guard should be used
- The technique when shooting arrows
We are really proud of the students who go on to attempt any Duke of Edinburgh Award and we will continue to do so with future students at Underley Garden.
Well Done to all involved!!